MSM test is a self – collection kit which includes urine, swab and blood collection samples. MSM test allows you to know your health status for 11 STIs. MSM test is dedicated for gay, bisexual men and other men who have sex with men. It’s essential to do it at least once a year if you are in stable relationship, but if you have multiple sexual partners you need to do MSM test every three months. The number of MSM diagnosed with STIs infection become higher each year. MSM test include tests for:
- Chlamydia (urine + rectal swab + throat swab)
- Gonorrhoea (urine + rectal swab + throat swab)
- Ureplasma (urine)
- Mycoplasma genitalium (urine)
- Trichomonas vaginalis (urine)
- Gardnerella vaginalis (urine)
- Herpes Simplex I/II (urine)
- 5th Generation HIV (blood)
- Syphilis (blood)
- Hepatitis B (blood)
- Hepatitis C (blood)
By choosing MSM test you are saving £254.45.
What is included in the MSM test kit?
Your MSM test kit will contain urine, swab and blood collection samples, a form for you to fill in your details and a prepaid envelope. Your parcel will be small and discreet, and no one will know what is inside. After you’ve done the test and filled in the form, all you need to do is post it to us and we’ll do the rest.
How do I take a sample?
Your MSM test will require urine, swab and blood collection samples. Don’t worry, your self-test kit contains full instructions. The test for MSM is simple and, despite what you may have heard, painless.
When I will know the results?
From the time when our laboratory will receive your sample, you will be able to know your results in within 2-5 days (after your sample reaches the laboratory). It’s essential to know your status so please do not be scared. If your result will be positive, we will help you!
Why I need to get tested?
Group od STIs located in MSM test are the most common and dangerous infections in the UK. In 2016 more than 417,000 people were diagnosed and even bigger group don’t know they could have it. All STIs can lead to irreversible damages to your body and health. We recommend you to do a MSM test at least once a year even if you are in a stable relationship. If you are sexually active is very important to check yourself each time you are changing partner.
What are the facts?
- In 2016 more than 417,000 people were tested positive for STIs in the UK
- HIV prevalence was higher in London where one in eight were living with HIV, compared to one in 26 outside London. In total, an estimated 7,200 (16%) MSM living with HIV were undiagnosed
- More men are diagnosed with genital herpes than women and it is more prevalent with homosexuals. Since 2012, the number of diagnoses in England rose by 21% from 1,246 to 1,502 cases.