The 5th generation HIV test kit is the latest self-collection kit, which includes a blood collection sample and is one of the best performers for detecting primary HIV infection. HIV has become one of the most serious untreatable infections in the UK. The test allows you to know your health status and detect HIV-1, HIV-2 and p24 antigens usually within 10 – 90 days of exposure. It’s very important you do so at least once a year if you are in stable relationship and more often if you are sexually active with different partners. Here at raTrust you can take your test confidentially and at a time and place convenient to you.
What is included in the HIV test kit UK?
As soon as we receive your order we’ll send you the 5th Generation HIV test kit, which includes:
- Your name label
- 2 x Moist wipe
- 2 x Alcotip swab
- 3 x Lancet
- Blood collection tube
- Protective packing wallet
- Prepaid envelope
The package we send you is very small and discreet, so nobody will know what’s inside. All you need to do after taking the test is post it to us and we’ll do the rest.
How do I take a sample?
Your 5th Generation HIV test will require a blood sample from your finger. Don’t worry, it’s not painful! All instructions will be delivered with your self-collection kit.
When I will know the results?
If you test for HIV home test UK, you can use a high priority service and get your results in 4 hours (after your sample reaches the laboratory) or the standard one which is 24 hours. The test for HIV is simple and, despite what you may have heard, almost painless.
Results will report the following:
- HIV-1 Antibodies
- HIV-2 Antibodies
- HIV-1 p24 Antigen
Why I need to get tested?
Thousands of new cases of HIV are reported in the UK each year and it is an infection that can affect anyone, regardless of age, race or sexual orientation. Untreated HIV can develop into AIDS. We recommend you to do an HIV testing at least once a year, even if you are in a stable relationship. If you are sexually active, it’s very important to check yourself each time you change sexual partner. HIV is also spread through blood, so if you come into contact with it, you need to get tested too. It’s essential to know the state of your health, so please don’t be scared. If your result comes up positive, we will help you!
Can I trust HIV self-collection kit?
- The self-collection HIV test is reliable and accurate and its results are comparable to usual clinical tests as it’s tested in a laboratory. Only the first step – sampling – is done by you at home.
- You can do it on your own, in private, at a time convenient for you. There is no rush, which you might find at a clinic or GP surgery.
- Your sample is sent to the largest independent provider of clinical laboratory diagnostic services in the UK – The Doctor’s Laboratory. Laboratory testing is the most accurate way of testing.
- It doesn’t matter if you take a test at your home or at the clinic as both go to laboratories to be checked. The only difference is, if you order a HIV self-collection kit you can use a high priority option to get results within 4 hours, or choose standard one which is 24 hours, whereas in a clinic you have to wait between 7 and 10 days.
What are the facts?
- In 2016, 5,164 people tested positive for HIV.
- The number of heterosexual men and women who have been diagnosed with HIV has declined sharply in 2016 with 898 men in 2016 and 828 women.
- Knowing if you are HIV-positive as soon as possible helps you to better manage your condition and reduces the risk of transmitting the virus to other people.
Where can I find more information about HIV?
Don’t wait until it’s too late – order your HIV test today.
Kate: Hello, I’m inquiring, does your 5th generation test for Hiv have the UK CE mark for medical use
Yes Of course, 5th generation HIV test is CE marked and evaluated by PHE.