Why you’re here.
If you’ve arrived at this page you may be worried about a number of aspects about getting tested for HIV. You may have thought about visiting a sexual health clinic or your GP, but felt too nervous. We’d like to help eliminate that worry. Thousands of new cases of HIV are reported in the UK each year. You may want to use a HIV Test Kit UK because:
- You’re sexually active and between partners. It’s very important to have a sexual health check-up each time you change sexual partner.
- You have had sexual intercourse without a condom and worried your partner may have HIV.
- You’re worried you have come into contact with HIV. HIV is also spread through blood, so you may need to be tested if you’re concerned it could have been transferred to you this way.
- You’re worried you may have put yourself at risk in any other way.
Using a HIV Test Kit UK is so simple and pain-free. And the simple thing to remember here is: It is always better to know. It’s a lot less scary when you’re not awake at night worrying, and instead, have given the weight of your worry to us.
People have a lot of preconceived ideas about HIV, and part of us helping to eliminate your fear of getting tested, is to make sure you’re aware of the facts, not mulling on the myths.
This 5th generation HIV test kit is one of the most accurate performers for detecting HIV infection. The test allows you to know your health status and detect HIV-1, HIV-2 and p24 antigens usually within 10-90 days of exposure, by carrying out a simple blood collection sample at home. It is pain-free and you can take your test confidentially, at a time and place convenient to you.
Busting the common misconceptions:
- HIV is an infection that can affect anyone, regardless of age, race, or sexual orientation. It isn’t unique to homosexual or bisexual men.
- You don’t have to visit a GP or clinic and meet in person to test HIV.
- A home HIV test is not painful (we promise!). It’s simply a pin prick of the finger to collect a blood sample, complete with instructions so you can’t go wrong.
- When you use a HIV home test kit UK, information is shared with no one but you. No family, partner, spouse, friend, or even GP. It’s between us and you.
- Latest figures from 2016 show the number of diagnosed cases are coming down slightly, due to better awareness and more testing.
How does a HIV Testing Kit work?
Our HIV Home Test Kit UK is really simple. All it requires is a blood sample from your finger. That sample is sent to the largest independent provider of clinical laboratory diagnostic services in the UK – The Doctor’s Laboratory. Laboratory testing is the most accurate way of testing for:
- HIV-1 Antibodies
- HIV-2 Antibodies
- HIV-1 p24 Antigen
It’s as easy as that. But though some are worried that the initial test will be painful (it isn’t, don’t worry!) we know that the real worry will be the anticipation of results.
That’s why we place such an importance on speedy accurate results with our HIV Testing Kit. If you visit a clinic, you’ll be looking at roughly a 7-10 day wait for your results.
- Our High Priority Service gives you results in just 4 hours
- Our Standard Service gives you results in only 24 hours
What does this mean for you?
No doubts – you won’t be sitting mulling over the what ifs and the maybes. That’s a scary place to be. Within a matter of hours you can have a definitive answer, and can take action if need be.
No embarrassment – You don’t need to fear the waiting room. You don’t need to explain yourself to anyone. The HIV Test Kit UK offers an entirely discrete solution.
No pain – There’s no need to panic about the method used to test HIV. We give full instructions in the kit, and it’s incredibly simple. It’s also possible for you to test yourself anywhere, on your own time, in private.
No waiting for the call – You are able to access your results online, so no sitting and dreading a phone call. We know how agonising that can be.
But you’re scared about the results
A lot of people put off testing themselves because they’re scared of what they might hear back. We completely understand that fear – it’s human! Psychologists have called it “Health Information Avoidance”. Researchers have found that despite the life-prolonging value of early detection, many people are reluctant to get tested, and equally reluctant to receive their results when they have been tested.
So quite simply: you are not alone in your fear. Neither is it abnormal, silly or unusual. After all, who isn’t afraid of the potential of bad news?
But not getting tested doesn’t make the potential for bad news go away.
Instead, it increases the fear of the unknown, and lets the ‘what if’ imagination run wild and manifest.
Knowing as soon as possible means that if you do test positive for HIV, you have a much better chance of managing it, and a reduced chance of transmitting the virus to someone else.
It means you can stop googling. Stop dealing with your fears alone. It means we can help you with action.
Don’t let your fear control you. Don’t wait until it’s too late.
Order your own HIV Home Test Kit UK today with a one-off payment of £29.95.
More about HIV:
Kate: Hello, I’m inquiring, does your 5th generation test for Hiv have the UK CE mark for medical use
Yes, our HIV test is CE marked and evaluated by PHE.