The herpes test is a self – collection kit which has everything you need to take a swab sample or test your urine. The herpes simplex test enables you to check your health status and it’s important you do so at least once a year if you are in stable relationship and more often if you are sexually active with different partners. Here at raTrust you can take your test confidentially and at a time and place convenient to you.
What is included in the herpes test kit?
Your herpes test kit contains a urine or recommended swab for women sample, a form for you to fill in your details and a prepaid envelope. After you’ve done the test and filled in the form, all you need to do is post it to us and we’ll do the rest.
How do I take a sample?
Your herpes test will require a urine sample or swab. Please don’t worry, it’s not painful! All instructions will be delivered with your self-collection kit.
When I will know the results?
If you test for herpes at home, you will know your results within 2-5 days (after your sample reaches the laboratory). The test for herpes simplex is simple and, despite what you may have heard, painless.
Why I need to get tested?
Herpes is a common STI in the UK and statistics from 2016 show that more than 30,000 people become infected. Unfortunately, there is no cure for herpes. It’s possible to treat the symptoms, but not yet possible to tackle the virus. We recommend you to do a herpes test at least once in your life. If you are sexually active, it’s very important to check yourself each time you change sexual partner. It’s essential to know the state of your health, so please don’t be scared. If your result comes up positive, we will help you!
Can I trust herpes self-collection kit?
- The self-collection herpes simplex test is reliable and accurate and its results are comparable to usual clinical tests as it’s tested in a laboratory. Only the first step – sampling – is done by you at home.
- You can do it on your own, in private, at a time convenient for you. There is no rush, which you might find at a clinic or GP surgery.
- Your sample is sent to the largest independent provider of clinical laboratory diagnostic services in the UK – The Doctor’s Laboratory. Laboratory testing is the most accurate way of testing.
- It doesn’t matter if you take a test at your home or at the clinic as both go to laboratories to be checked. The only difference is, if you order a self-collection kit you only have to wait 2-5 days to get the results whereas in a clinic, you may have to wait much longer.
What are the facts?
- In 2016, 20,220 women and 11,638 men were tested positive for herpes in England.
Find out more about genital herpes:
- Herpes simplex overview
- Herpes simplex causes
- Herpes simplex symptoms
- Herpes simplex treatment
- Herpes simplex complications
- Herpes simplex prevention
- Herpes simplex statistics
- Herpes simplex pictures
How much does the herpes test cost in other shops?
- £39.95 – raTrust Shop
- £54.00 – Testd (testd.com)
- £64.95 – The GUM Clinic (thegumclinic.com)
- £64.95 – The STI Clinic (thesticlinic.com)
- £77.95 – Health Check Shop (healthcheckshop.co.uk)
- unavailable – DrEd (dred.com)
- unavailable – Test Me (test.me)
- unavailable – RU Clear (ruclear.co.uk)
- unavailable – Freedoms Shop (freedoms-shop.com)
- unavailable – Health Monthly (healthmonthly.co.uk)
- unavailable – Lloyds Pharmacy (onlinedoctor.lloydspharmacy.com)
- unavailable – Superdrug Online Doctor (onlinedoctor.superdrug.com)
*Prices updated on 22.02.2019 (including postage and packaging).
Don’t wait until it’s too late – order your herpes home test today.
Danielle: I was just wondering if it’s still possible to do a herpes test if your not showing anyway active signs of having the disease ? Would it still show up in the blood ? I just want to be checked for everything.
Yes, you can make a test for herpes simplex even if you don’t have any visable symptoms. Herpes could become active after long time after exposure, you can have the virus without signs of infection. A home genital herpes test is simple, inexpensive and painless.