The Herpes test is a self-collection kit which includes a urine or swab sample. The test allows you to know your health status and it’s very important to do it at least once. It’s a chronic infection which will become active again. Here at raTrust you can do your test in confidence, at a place and time convenient for you.
What is included in the Herpes test kit?
Your Herpes test kit contains a urine or swab, a form for you to fill in your details and a prepaid envelope. After you’ve done the test and filled in the form, all you need to do is post it to us and we’ll do the rest.
How do I take a sample?
Your Herpes test will require a urine sample or swab. Please don’t worry, it’s not painful! All instructions will be delivered with your self-collection kit.
When I will know the results?
You’ll know your results within just 2-5 days of our laboratory receiving your test! The test for Herpes is simple and, despite what you may have heard, painless. If you test positive for Herpes, please don’t panic. raTrust specialists will help you.
Why I need to get tested?
Herpes is a common STI in the UK and statistics from 2016 show that more than 30,000 people become infected. Unfortunately, there is no cure for Herpes. It’s possible to treat the symptoms, but not yet possible to tackle the virus. We recommend you to do a Herpes test at least once in your life. If you are sexually active, it’s very important to check yourself each time you change sexual partner. It’s essential to know the state of your health, so please don’t be scared. If your result comes up positive, we will help you!
What are the facts?
- In 2016, 20,220 women and 11,638 men were tested positive for Herpes in England.
Find out more about Genital Herpes:
- Herpes Simplex Overview
- Herpes Simplex Causes
- Herpes Simplex Symptoms
- Herpes Simplex Treatment
- Herpes Simplex Complications
- Herpes Simplex Prevention
- Herpes Simplex Statistics
- Herpes Simplex Pictures
How much does the Herpes test cost in other shops?
- £49.95 – raTrust Shop
- £54.00 – Testd (testd.com)
- £64.95 – The GUM Clinic (thegumclinic.com)
- £64.95 – The STI Clinic (thesticlinic.com)
- £77.95 – Health Check Shop (healthcheckshop.co.uk)
- unavailable – DrEd (dred.com)
- unavailable – Test Me (test.me)
- unavailable – RU Clear (ruclear.co.uk)
- unavailable – Freedoms Shop (freedoms-shop.com)
- unavailable – Health Monthly (healthmonthly.co.uk)
- unavailable – Lloyds Pharmacy (onlinedoctor.lloydspharmacy.com)
- unavailable – Superdrug Online Doctor (onlinedoctor.superdrug.com)
*Prices updated on 28.09.2017 (including postage and packaging).
Don’t wait until it’s too late – order your Herpes home test today.
I was just wondering if it’s still possible to do a herpes test if your not showing anyway active signs of having the disease ? Would it still show up in the blood ? I just want to be checked for everything.
Yes, you can make a test for herpes even if you don’t have any visable symptoms. Herpes could become active after long time after exposure, you can have the virus without signs of infection.