The hepatitis C test is a self – collection kit which has everything you need to take a blood sample. The hepatitis C test enables you to check your health status and it’s important you do so at least once a year if you are in stable relationship and more often if you are sexually active with different partners. Undetected hepatitis C can lead to serious liver and life – threatening problems. . Here at raTrust you can take your test confidentially and at a time and place convenient to you.
What is included in the hepatitis C test kit?
Your hepatitis C test kit will contain blood collection sample, form where you will need to put your details and prepaid envelope. From now all you need to do is to place your sample into letter box, we will do the rest.
How do I take a sample?
Your hepatitis C test will require a blood sample from your finger. Please do not worry it’s not painful! All instructions will be delivered with your self – collection kit.
When I will know the results?
If you test for hepatitis C at home, you can use a high priority service and get your results in 4 hours (after your sample reaches the laboratory) or the standard one which is 24 hours. The test for hepatitis C is simple and, despite what you may have heard, painless.
Why do I need to get tested?
Hepatitis C is common STI in the UK and the latest statistics shows that 214,000 people were infected in 2014. Untreated hepatitis C can lead to irreversible damages to your liver and health. We recommend you to do a hepatitis C test at least once a year even if you are in a stable relationship. If you are sexually active is very important to check yourself each time you are changing partner. Hepatitis C is also spreading by blood so if you had a contact with it you need to get tested too. It’s essential to know your status so please do not be scared. If your result will be positive, we will help you!
Can I trust hepatitis C self-collection kit?
- The self-collection test is reliable and accurate and its results are comparable to usual clinical tests as it’s tested in a laboratory. Only the first step – sampling – is done by you at home.
- You can do it on your own, in private, at a time convenient for you. There is no rush, which you might find at a clinic or GP surgery.
- Your sample is sent to the largest independent provider of clinical laboratory diagnostic services in the UK – The Doctor’s Laboratory. Laboratory testing is the most accurate way of testing.
- It doesn’t matter if you take a test at your home or at the clinic as both go to laboratories to be checked. The only difference is, if you order a hepatitis C self-collection kit you can use a high priority option to get results within 4 hours, or choose standard one which is 24 hours, whereas in a clinic you have to wait between 7 and 10 days.
What are the facts?
- In 2016, 214,000 people were tested positive for hepatitis C in England.
Don’t wait until it’s too late – order your hepatitis C home test today.
Louise: Does your Hep C test identify antibodies for previous exposure or current disease status or both?
Hepatitis C test will show if you have a virus in your blood. If there is a presence of hep C result will be positive, if not, result will be negative.