The hepatitis B test is a self – collection kit which has everything you need to take a blood sample. The hepatitis B test enables you to check your health status and it’s important you do so at least once a year if you are in stable relationship and more often if you are sexually active with different partners. Here at raTrust you can take your test confidentially and at a time and place convenient to you.
What is included in the hepatitis B test kit?
Your hepatitis B test kit contains a blood collection sample, a form for you to fill in your details and a prepaid envelope. After you’ve done the test and filled in the form, all you need to do is post it to us and we’ll do the rest.
How do I take a sample?
Your hepatitis B test will require a sample of blood from your finger. Please don’t worry, it’s not painful! All instructions will be delivered with your self-collection kit.
When I will know the results?
If you test for hepatitis B at home, you can use a high priority service and get your results in 4 hours (after your sample reaches the laboratory) or the standard one which is 24 hours. The test for hepatitis B is simple and, despite what you may have heard, painless.
Why do I need to get tested?
Hepatitis B is one of the less common STIs in the UK, but the latest statistics still showed that 1,391 people were infected in 2014. Untreated hepatitis B can lead to irreversible damage to your liver and health. We recommend you to do a hepatitis B test at least once a year, even if you are in a stable relationship. If you are sexually active, it’s very important to check yourself each time you change sexual partner. Hepatitis B is also spread through contact with blood, so if you have had contact with it you need to get tested too. It’s essential to know the state of your health, so please don’t be scared. If your result comes up positive, we will help you!
Can I trust hepatitis B self-collection kit?
- The self-collection test is reliable and accurate and its results are comparable to usual clinical tests as it’s tested in a laboratory. Only the first step – sampling – is done by you at home.
- You can do it on your own, in private, at a time convenient for you. There is no rush, which you might find at a clinic or GP surgery.
- Your sample is sent to the largest independent provider of clinical laboratory diagnostic services in the UK – The Doctor’s Laboratory. Laboratory testing is the most accurate way of testing.
- It doesn’t matter if you take a test at your home or at the clinic as both go to laboratories to be checked. The only difference is, if you order a hepatitis B self-collection kit you can use a high priority option to get results within 4 hours, or choose standard one which is 24 hours, whereas in a clinic you have to wait between 7 and 10 days.
What are the facts?
- In 2014, 471 women and 920 men tested positive for hepatitis B in England.
Don’t wait until it’s too late – order your hepatitis B home test today.
Gareth: Please advise if your hep B test covers the following: HBV (Hepatitis B surface Ag ,HBs Ag AND Hepatitis B core Ab HBcAb.
The Hep B test is generally Hep B sAg (Surface Antigen) not the core.
Caron: If You’re hepsistis B how can you get it treaded
There is no treatment available for acute (short term Hepatitis B infection) and to prevent liver damaging in chronic infection doctors are using variety of available drugs. In both cases patient need to be tested regularly.
Katerina: I have a question regarding blood results. How long will it take to process a result, as I sent mine yesterday afternoon via priority mail.
Hi Katerina, from the time when laboratory will receive sample it will take no more than 24 hours (standard service) or 4 hours (high priority service) to know your results.