The gonorrhoea test is a self – collection kit which has everything you need to take a swab sample or test your urine. The gonorrhoea test enables you to check your health status and it’s important you do so at least once a year if you are in stable relationship and more often if you are sexually active with different partners. Here at raTrust you can take your test confidentially and at a time and place convenient to you.
What is included in the gonorrhoea Test Kit?
Your gonorrhoea test kit contains a urine or recommended swab for women sample, a form for you to fill in your details and a prepaid envelope. After you’ve done the test and filled in the form, all you need to do is post it to us and we’ll do the rest.
How do I take a sample?
Your gonorrhoea test will require a urine sample or swab. All instructions will be delivered with your self-collection kit.
When I will know the results?
If you test for gonorrhoea at home, you can use a high priority service and get your results in 4 hours (after your sample reaches the laboratory) or the standard one which is 24 hours. The test for gonorrhoea is simple and, despite what you may have heard, painless.
Why do I need to get tested?
Gonorrhoea is a common STI in the UK. In 2017, more than 44,000 people were diagnosed and an even bigger group don’t even know they might have it. Untreated gonorrhoea can lead to irreversible damage to your body and health. We recommend you to do a gonorrhoea test at least once a year, even if you are in a stable relationship. If you are sexually active, it’s very important to check yourself each time you change sexual partner. It’s essential to know the state of your health, so please don’t be scared. If your result comes up positive, we will help you!
Can I trust gonorrhoea self-collection kit?
- The self-collection test is reliable and accurate and its results are comparable to usual clinical tests as it’s tested in a laboratory. Only the first step – sampling – is done by you at home.
- You can do it on your own, in private, at a time convenient for you. There is no rush, which you might find at a clinic or GP surgery.
- Your sample is sent to the largest independent provider of clinical laboratory diagnostic services in the UK – The Doctor’s Laboratory. Laboratory testing is the most accurate way of testing.
- It doesn’t matter if you take a test at your home or at the clinic as both go to laboratories to be checked. The only difference is, if you order a gonorrhoea self-collection kit you can use a high priority option to get results within 4 hours, or choose standard one which is 24 hours, whereas in a clinic you have to wait between 7 and 10 days.
What are the facts?
- In 2017, 11,475 women and 33,129 men were tested positive for gonorrhoea in England.
- Whether you have symptoms or not, you should avoid all sexual activity until you have completed your treatment for gonorrhoea and have been told that you are clear.
- As gonorrhoea cannot survive outside of the body for long, it is not spread by kissing or sharing swimming pools, toilet seats, towels or cutlery.
Where can I find more information about gonorrhoea?
- Gonorrhoea Overview
- Gonorrhoea Causes
- Gonorrhoea Symptoms
- Gonorrhoea Treatment
- Gonorrhoea Complications
- Gonorrhoea Prevention
- Gonorrhoea Statistics
Don’t wait until it’s too late – order your gonorrhoea home test today.
Mark: Does the test for gonorrhoea also detect chlamydia?
to detect chlamydia and gonorrhoea at the same time you will need to choose test for both chlamydia + gonorrhoea, available in our shop.