The chlamydia test is a self – collection kit which has everything you need to take a swab sample or test your urine. The chlamydia test enables you to check your health status and it’s important you do so at least once a year if you are in stable relationship and more often if you are sexually active with different partners. Here at raTrust you can take your test confidentially and at a time and place convenient to you.
What is included in the chlamydia test kit?
Your chlamydia test kit contains a urine or recommended swab for women sample, a form for you to fill in your details and a prepaid envelope. After you’ve done the test and filled in the form, all you need to do is post it to us and we’ll do the rest.
How do I take a sample?
Your chlamydia test will require a urine sample or swab. All instructions will be delivered with your self-collection kit.
When I will know the results?
If you test for chlamydia at home, you can use a high priority service and get your results in 4 hours (after your sample reaches the laboratory) or the standard one which is 24 hours. The test for Chlamydia is simple and, despite what you may have heard, painless.
Why do I need to get tested?
Chlamydia is the most common STI in the UK. In 2016, more than 200,000 people were diagnosed and an even bigger group don’t even know they might have it. Untreated chlamydia can lead to irreversible damage to your body and health. We recommend you to do a chlamydia test at least once a year, even if you are in a stable relationship. If you are sexually active, it’s very important to check yourself each time you change sexual partner. It’s essential to know the state of your health, so please don’t be scared. If your result comes up positive, we will help you!
Can I trust chlamydia self-collection kit?
- The self-collection chlamydia test is reliable and accurate and its results are comparable to usual clinical tests as it’s tested in a laboratory. Only the first step – sampling – is done by you at home.
- You can do it on your own, in private, at a time convenient for you. There is no rush, which you might find at a clinic or GP surgery.
- Your sample is sent to the largest independent provider of clinical laboratory diagnostic services in the UK – The Doctor’s Laboratory. Laboratory testing is the most accurate way of testing.
- It doesn’t matter if you take a test at your home or at the clinic as both go to laboratories to be checked. The only difference is, if you order a self-collection kit you only have to wait just 24 hours to get the results whereas in a clinic, you may have to wait much longer.
What are the facts?
- In 2016, 115,219 women and 84,908 men were tested positive for chlamydia in England.
- More women are diagnosed than men. Why? According to research, men are less likely to get themselves checked out.
- Although chlamydia is associated with the genitals, it can also affect the eyes and throat. Left untreated it can cause serious long-term damage to your health, sometimes even permanently.
Where can I find more information about chlamydia?
- Chlamydia Overview
- Chlamydia Causes
- Chlamydia Symptoms
- Chlamydia Treatment
- Chlamydia Complications
- Chlamydia Prevention
- Chlamydia Statistics
Don’t wait until it’s too late – order your chlamydia home test today.
Nile: I am emailing to ask whether the swab sample involves taking it from inside the urethra?
Swab sample can be taken from:
If you would like to check up your urethra we will suggest to choose urine sample.